04 Jan What you need in place to achieve your business goals in 2023…
New year is when lots of you will be thinking about your business goals for the year ahead and making changes in your business and possibly personal life too.
Earlier this week I saw Dr Rangan Chatterjee being interviewed on BBC News about how to make positive changes in your life.
If you’ve not come across Dr Chatterjee, he’s behind one of the most popular podcasts, and one of my personal favourites, ‘Feel Better, Live More’.
He gave two tips in his interview about how to make positive changes, that apply just as much to your business as personal life.
- Make It Easy – for example, if you want to improve your fitness, pick something that’s easy for you to do. So, instead of saying you’re going to go to four spin classes a week at the gym, do a 5 minute routine each morning of sit-ups, push-ups, squats, bicep curls and shoulder presses.
- Do it with something else you’re already doing – for example, do the above routine whilst waiting for the kettle to boil for your morning coffee.
These principles are from James Clear’s book, Atomic Habits and, if you don’t want to read the book, I highly recommend listening to Dr Chatterjee’s re-released podcast episode with him from 28th December.
Please don’t be put off by the duration of the podcast – chunk it down, and listen to it whilst doing something else that doesn’t need too much attention.
Outcomes are a lagging measure of your habits so, for you to achieve the outcome you want in 2023, put those good habits in place now using the tips above.
Want some help getting clear about the outcomes you want this year, and the habits you need to put in place to achieve them? Book in a complimentary strategy session with me.
Latest posts by Alison Bradford (see all)
- Lessons from a Happy Place – how to gently grow your comfort zone - September 15, 2023
- Getting back to what works for you - September 8, 2023
- The power of your support team – who is there for your business? - July 18, 2023