15 Jan 15 daily habits for business owners to grow your business
You hopefully have some big goals already in place for your business. (If not, check out this short video)
You should also have your plan to achieve them. (If not, check out this short video)
But sometimes, the smaller things get overlooked. These are the things that can make a huge difference to your effectiveness as a business owner, and your energy levels. (And you are going to need a huge amount of energy to grow your business)
I describe them as your daily habits.
Having good daily habits in your business means that you will achieve your bigger goals more quickly, fact!
I’ve given you a list of 15 effective daily habits for business owners below, but feel free to add your own.
To make them a daily habit you keep up, they need to be small, achievable, and something that will make you feel better for doing it. Aim lower rather than higher if you’re not sure i.e. spending 30 minutes working on your business each day is always going to be better than nothing, if this is more achievable for you.
- Spend the first hour of each working day focusing purely ON your business, and those tasks that will move it forward
- Have set times throughout the day to check emails, and close your email down the rest of the time
- Have a strategy and plan for social media, with agreed times you’ll check it, and a limit to how long you spend on it.
- Don’t answer the phone every time it rings – get a call answering service or suitable voicemail set up
- Keep your work area tidy and organised
- Spend the first 5 minutes each day reviewing your goals
- Exercise for 15 minutes each morning
- Keep a supply of healthy snacks in reach when you’re working
- Spend the last 10 minutes of each working day planning what you’re going to do tomorrow
- Stick to 3 things to focus on achieving each day
- Say no to anything that doesn’t move you towards your goals
- Call at least one person each day
- Stick to set working hours each week
- Take time to have a short break and eat a healthy lunch
- At the end of each day, reflect back and identify at least one thing you’re really pleased with
Leave me a comment to let me know which of these you are committing to do, and any new ones.
Click here to subscribe to my mailing list
Latest posts by Alison Bradford (see all)
- How to get ahead for 2024 with business coaching - December 1, 2023
- Could this group coaching programme help you break through to the next level in your business? - November 24, 2023
- Is there still time to achieve your 2023 goals and end the year on a high? - November 8, 2023