27 Oct Love what you do, but need to work ON your business more?
I was lucky enough recently to visit Barcelona.
It was my first time there so I made sure to cover all the key sights, including the famously unfinished Sagrada Familia cathedral.
I’m definitely no expert in architecture but you couldn’t fail to be stunned and amazed at what Gaudi completed in his lifetime, and what continues to be built today from his original designs.
I was struck by a quote from Gaudi whilst there:
“To do things right, first you need love, then technique”
You probably started your business because you love what you do but, if you’re like most business owners, you may lack some technique in actually running your business.
That’s to be expected. Unless you’re a serial entrepreneur, most business owners start up their businesses because they love what they offer.
However, they quickly find they need to learn lots of new techniques.
- How to market and sell your services
- How to set your pricing
- How to service your customers
- How to put processes in place
- How to make more profit
- How to hire the right people for your team
- How to manage and lead your team
- And so on!
To be honest, every time you master one area, there’s another part of your business that needs your attention and. it becomes increasingly frustrating as it takes up more of your time and energy than doing the work you love!
It’s one of the reasons I originally put together my Business Growth Masterplan programme. It’s kind of like a ‘Business 101’ for business owners who started their business because they love what they do, but aren’t sure on all the other things they’ve suddenly found themselves responsible for.
After all, if nobody has shown you what to do, how are you supposed to know?
It’s based on the six core pillars you need in place in any business, to be effective and make running your business feel easier.
Latest posts by Alison Bradford (see all)
- How to get ahead for 2024 with business coaching - December 1, 2023
- Could this group coaching programme help you break through to the next level in your business? - November 24, 2023
- Is there still time to achieve your 2023 goals and end the year on a high? - November 8, 2023