12 Jul Is it a lack of time, or a lack of focus?
Time to be honest with me now – if you’re not making the progress you want on your goals, is it really due to a lack of time, or could it actually be down to a lack of focus?
“You’ll never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.” Winston Churchill
There’ll always be a never ending list of stuff to do I’m afraid – the trick to making progress is to identify the stuff that is going to make the difference, and focus on getting that done.
To help you get your focus back, I’m giving you a slightly cut down version of what we cover in the 12 week Business Growth Masterplan programme – we spend a whole morning on this on the programme, hence the need to cut it down here for you!
- What are the 3 key things you need to get done in the next 12 weeks? (Feel free to change the timescale to a more appropriate one for you)
- Why do you need to get these 3 things done?
- What will be different when you’ve done them?
- Who will need to do them?
- Break each of the 3 goals down into the specific tasks that need to happen
- Assign who will do it and set deadlines
- Slot the tasks into the weeks they need to be done
TIP: You’ll find it helpful to have your plan on a one page document you can carry around and easily see each day.
3. Schedule it in
- Put in your diary / work planner, any tasks you need to do and delegate to others what they need to do
- Don’t forget to schedule in the time to review and monitor progress each week
4. Just do it
And that is how you make progress on your goals when you don’t have the time.
“You don’t get results by focusing on the results. You get results by focusing on the actions that produce the results”
Latest posts by Alison Bradford (see all)
- Avoid this mistake in your business in the run up to Christmas - December 6, 2022
- The next simple way to increase your profit is to increase your prices - December 4, 2022
- The next step to increasing profit in your business - November 25, 2022