02 Sep Are you making time for this essential task?
I know, your to-do list is looking like a complete mess, with tasks scribbled out and new ones keep being added on. Your desk looks like a bomb site with post it notes lying around, hastily scribbled on as another thing you need to get done comes to mind. Your calendar is jam-packed with meetings and appointments – how the heck are you going to start getting any actual work done?
So, you are probably not going to like what I have to say next.
One of the most overlooked and essential tools for growing your business, is making time to do nothing.
I know, it goes against the grain. You’ve grown your business to this point by hard work and getting stuff done.
The thing is though, to take your business to the next level, you need to be creative. You need to get new ideas, not just for new products and services, but new ways of doing things.
- How can you develop your team?
- Where do you need to improve your processes?
- What new routes to your market can you try?
- How can you increase your profitability before the end of the year?
- What are the latest innovations in your industry?
Unfortunately, the answers to questions like these rarely (if ever) come whilst you are sat at your desk, working through your to-do list.
You’ve probably already realised that it’s in moments away from working when you get your best ideas and inspiration; in the shower, whilst driving, after a walk etc.
The creative part of your brain needs time to swtich off from all the busyness to enable it to come up with your new ideas.
This is why, as busy as you are, and as uncomfortable as this feels for you, you need to make the time to do nothing.
Just allowing time to think, space to breathe, and get creative with how you’re going to achieve your goals and grow your business.
So, put away the to-do list, and go and find a few minutes to do nothing, or at least nothing work related!
If you’d like to know of other tools that can help move your business forward book in a call with me and we can have a chat about it.
Latest posts by Alison Bradford (see all)
- Is now the right time? - October 3, 2022
- Are you making time for this essential task? - September 2, 2022
- With that ‘back to school’ feeling it’s time to consider what you want to achieve in your business in the final third of 2022 - August 14, 2022